La fleche hen- any tips or advice about this breed

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Morgank, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Morgank

Morgank Songster

Jul 3, 2018
    Europe, Estonia
    Hi everyone!
    Such a thing happened, I bought 2 cochins (they were all 5-6 month old ) and the seller had one bird left. I didn't have the heart to leave her alone in there, because I always recommend buying two birds at time. So the third one was La fleshe, not my choice at all, because i have all 8 breeds that I have deliberately chosen. This chicken (I really hope she is a hen) have strong and high legs. She is so high like a high jumper and other hens are the same age and so small. There is so little information about this breed, does anyone breed them? All I know is that they're flying high and they are called devil bird, because the horns. Is there something I should know about this breed?

Attached Files:

Lacy Duckwing likes this.
  2. BarnhartChickens98

BarnhartChickens98 Crowing

Oct 28, 2018
    Manhiem, Pennnsylvania
    I haven't seen the breed before but it looks to me like you got a cockerel :hmm

ColtHandorf and Morgank like this.
  3. Morgank

Morgank Songster

Jul 3, 2018
    Europe, Estonia
    Forgot to write, where she fits? Right now she is with young (same age) cochins and cemanis (cemanis are little evil and dominate, like always) but i have 2 other flock.

4. Morgank

Morgank Songster

Jul 3, 2018
    Europe, Estonia
    Yes, I thought so at first, but she is she. Cockerels have bigger "horns" and wattles, and she behaves like a chicken. Also her face (also eyes) and head shape is like hen. I have the experience to determine sex that way.

5. Lacy Duckwing

Lacy Duckwing Songster

Nov 6, 2017
    Maine
    They are an active bird and good flyers. They lay a respectable number of very white eggs and will lay well in the winter months. They are good foragers. They are also slow to mature. They are a French breed and are named after a French village. They was first admitted to the APA in 1874.

Ted_Harrell and Morgank like this.
  6. Morgank

Morgank Songster

Jul 3, 2018
    Europe, Estonia
    Thanks! Already know all this, i am from Europe. Wanted to know something specific. Last year we found out that the cochins want low bars. We can't read hundreds and hundreds of posts about one breed. Sorry.

Lacy Duckwing likes this.
  7. Lacy Duckwing

Lacy Duckwing Songster

Nov 6, 2017
    Maine
    Well, if you are wondering about perches, because they are flyers, they will probably like to have high perches.

Morgank likes this.
  8. ColtHandorf

ColtHandorf Crowing

Feb 19, 2019
    Commerce, Texas
    Morgank and BarnhartChickens98 like this.
  9. Morgank

Morgank Songster

Jul 3, 2018
    Europe, Estonia
    This bird is about 5 month old, possibly more. She has no saddle feathers like roosters usually have. The photo shows the wing tips which extend to the other side. The wings are just so long. Last two days i notice, she sits a lot in the nest. She is in one box together with 2 cochin hen, 2 cemani hen, 2 polish greenleg and 2 cemani cockerel. Cemani cockerels are usually very aggressive towards another breed of rooster. But they treat her like a chicken. In this box cemanis are dominant. In my experience - 3 years breed cemanis, they are always dominant birds and roosters fight like crazy, opponent is barely alive. Sorry my english! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: