La Fonda the Silkie...in a show? (pics)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by foxinachickenhouse, Jul 19, 2010.

1. foxinachickenhouse

foxinachickenhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2010
    Oregon
    I love this little roo. He is a dream, but alas I live in a neighborhood and it's too much. I know, people fry up or rehome roos all the time, but just look at this. He likes to be held like this. If I give him a treat while I'm holding him, he carries it in his beak until I put him down and then he runs to his best friend to give to her. He's going to be missed. Anyone who is interested will get the third degree about his new quarters and I feel foolish. Never had silkies before or pet chickens. Just a production flock of no names. Sure wish I could keep him. Darn this city living!

He's up for auction on this site and on CL. I'm dreading the inevitable...thanks for looking.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  2. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

Such a darling... I know he'll be sad to leave you, too. [​IMG]

3. Critter Crazed

Critter Crazed Chicken Cuddlin' Cheesehead

Jun 22, 2009
    How adorable.. and he's gorgeous too. So sorry you have to get rid of him. [​IMG]

4. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    aawwwww he is precious. I am so sorry you must rehome him...and remember you have the right to refuse sending him home with anyone...if you are not comfortable with someone and do not feel like he will be going to a good place...do not let him go.

5. foxinachickenhouse

Apr 8, 2010
    Oregon
    Thanks ya'll. Now I have two homes to choose from and neither wants to pay. I always feel like you respect something more if you've paid a little bit for it. I don't know. I think I'll insist on delivering him myself anyway.

6. Ravishaw

Ravishaw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    can you ship a rooster to arizona?

7. wildorchid053

wildorchid053 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    syracuse area, ny
    i would so go check out the living arrangement they have for him.. feed, coop.. security or if a house chicken.. too bad your so far away..my grandaughter who is 9 has been begging for a silky

8. lillypug

lillypug Fleur De Lis Farm

Mar 21, 2010
    Louisiana
    He is a beauty and sweet roos are worth 100x's their weight in gold. If you were within driving distance, I would love to give him a home. Our silkies are pets and are treated like royalty. So sorry you have to give him up:(

9. foxinachickenhouse

Apr 8, 2010
    Oregon
    Why are you all so far away?! Thanks for the support. I would love for any of you to have him. Terrified to ship him though. I will definitely check out his new home. Feel less weird about it now.

It's a hard call... both of our side neighbors have said that they enjoy his crowing. Haven't talked with the back people. We currently put him in a box in the coop and let him out at 9 am. That means if we kept him, we'd never be able to go anywhere overnight. No house sitter I know is going to put him in a cat crate for us. If we get turned in we're in hot water as we have 7 birds and the limit is three. Can you tell I'm still not completely sold on the idea of giving him up? We have two little silkie pullets, a partridge and a buff, I'm dying to have mixed color silkie chicks. Argh:th

We made a video montage tribute to him. It's kind of a joke.. but pm me if you want to see it. Or you can search You Tube for "Lafonda rooster whitney houston" it'll be the first one.
    Thanks

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  10. molly d

molly d Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    lawrence, ks
    Mabye you should turn him into a house chicken!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by