La La Land chicken challenges

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by cityfarmvn, Feb 22, 2017.

1. cityfarmvn

cityfarmvn Just Hatched

Feb 22, 2017
    Good morning! I've been trolling Backyard Chickens for a while now and finally am a member. We live in the San Fernando Valley where families live in between the the gang lands and the stuff of dreams. I'm a farm girl married to a wonderful man that needs to be here in the city so naturally I've brought chickens to the concrete jungle just to see some life out here. It is very challenging to even drive to get feed, but our kids and all visitors love to sit, pet and play with our chickens. We have 3 Barred Rock hens, all a year old now.[​IMG]

2. Table4Six

Table4Six Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2012
    [​IMG] ! I've loved every minute of being on BYC and I hope you will too.

3. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under cityfarmvn [​IMG] Welcome!

That picture is adorable! I love the little chicken head poking through the fence.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello from Kansas and [​IMG]! Great to have you in our community! Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC! [​IMG]

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    A warm welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us.

Best wishes
    CT

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens.

7. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Cute picture, thanks for sharing!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by