Label kids and adults??

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by GwenFarms, Jun 17, 2008.

1. GwenFarms

GwenFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    I wonder if there isn't a way to label kids and adults. I have noticed several posts were people were harsh with their answers and obviously oblivious that they were talking to kids only later to try and soften their responses after finding out they were talking to a kid. I think it would be great to know if we are talking to a 12 yr old, or an adult. I don't think specific ages would be neccesary, but something that puts people in a certain age group would be great.

2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    When you start labelling minors you open them up to internet predators and other dangers. Most time you can gauge the maturity level of a member and response should be done accordingly.

The staff keeps tabs on the minors (we know who you are). [​IMG] and we do our best to keep them safe.

Everyone should be kind to everyone, no matter the age. Being frustrated with a certain post or thread happens. Age or lack of it is not an excuse to get out of something.

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I agree it would be nice to know sometimes the age of a poster, but I don't think in this day and age it's probably a safe thing to have listed.

4. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, it has been suggested and discussed multiple times, but the potential pros are really outweighed by the potential cons.

5. angelmarie

angelmarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    bakersfield
    we adapt to the responses and move on.............. the moderators have got everyone's best intrest at heart, and know when someone has or has not cross the line, some people just have bad days...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by