Labels for egg cartons

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by JenniferJoIN, Mar 6, 2008.

1. JenniferJoIN

JenniferJoIN Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    Anyone know where I can get labels for egg cartons? I want to personalize our egg cartons and my printer at home isn't reliable enough to trust with making my own.

Thanks in advance!

2. Ga Chicken Mom

Ga Chicken Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2007
    Try EggCartons.com., they are a sponser. I just got an order of their cartons, the delivery was quick and the cartons look good and strong.

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I just make my own with 2x4" peel off shipping labels on my computer with Printshop then I stick them on each carton. Here are mine:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Ericasl

Ericasl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    The Dalles OR
    So cute!! They look AWSOME![​IMG]

5. DrakeMaiden

DrakeMaiden Overrun with Drakes

Jun 8, 2007
    Kitsap County, WA
    I'm thinking about ordering eggcartons from Eggcartons.com and printing my own labels too.

What I'm wondering is if anyone has had any problems with customers. I'm afraid someone is not going to cook the eggs properly, or store them safely and get sick or something. Then what? Do I worry too much? LOL

6. JenniferJoIN

JenniferJoIN Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    Those look great Cynthia!

Maybe I will just try to print them out myself and see how they turn out.

DrakeMaiden- I thought about that too, but since we're just giving our eggs away (to friends and family) it's their own fault for eating them. hee hee.

7. DrakeMaiden

DrakeMaiden Overrun with Drakes

Jun 8, 2007
    Kitsap County, WA
    JenniferJoIN: Is it their fault or their luck? Free farm fresh eggs! You have some lucky friends and family.

I sometimes give mine away too, but I'm more likely to barter for them or try to extract a little feed money.

8. Ericasl

Ericasl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    The Dalles OR
    I just got my order of hot pink egg cartons from eggcartons.com. I am very happy with them and fast shipment.

9. Brian

Brian Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2007
    Jacksonville, ORegon
    McMurray sells cartons: 50 for $16.25 (32 cents each)
    Eggcartons.com is 25 for $10.95 (44 cents each)

Cheaper yet, my local Grange Coop has them for 29 cents each, no minimum required.

Brian

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Another option is www.eggboxes.com-compare prices on the cartons. The labels I'd probably still make myself, but color print cartridges aren't cheap, so it could be more cost effective to have them print labels for you if you sell alot of table eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by