"laced wyandotte" I bought doesn't look like pics

UkuleleLady

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 1, 2014
Is she a laced Wyandotte? When I google for pics they don't look like my chicken but she is still young and doesn't have her comb yet. will she change that much? She has green feets! Most of the pics I see of this breed have yellow feet. Any ideas what she is or how many/what color eggs she will lay? I have been searching for a feathered friend for my rescued chicken Precious. It was difficult to find one that was the right age as I wanted one that was younger than Precious under the theory that the older hen would maintain the dominant position but I am new to this so I don't even know if that is a sound theory. I have been reading and learning a lot and you guys here have helped me immensely, so thanks. :) Anyway, I was a little worried too when I realized how big she is. I am hoping that personality is not determined by size in chickens. After all, I got this chicken to keep my Precious company, not to threaten her.

The new chicken (That my best friend is insisting be named Gollum) is currently in quarantine in a dog crate and slept in a laundry basket crate I made in my office last night. There's got to be a better option till she's out of quarantine but we have racoons every night as they are attracted to our koi pond so I don't know what else to do till the new chicken can go in the coop with Precious. This is going to be a rough 30 days. I don't like seeing her cooped up tho she's not complaining.

Do you know anything about where she came from? Can you tell what kind of comb she has (wire covers it in pic)? She could be an Easter Egger / mix... other I would wonder about is if she is some sort of Red Ranger / Pioneer duel purpose bird. Usually keep birds in quarantine in dog crates also, they don't really seem to mind, if you can put a perch in there she might like that also... if you have two dog crates you can put them door to door and let her use both also.

I was hoping for an Easter Egger actually, and I Thought she sorta looked like one too. The woman I bought her from said that she bought her as a chick along with 11 others of various breeds at a feed store. She doesn't really have a comb yet. (the chicken, not the woman I bought her from! lol)

Last edited:
I think she's a mix. I can't see the comb well, what I can see looks like a straight comb. If she has a pea comb and lays blue or green eggs, call her an Easter egger. If she lays brown eggs, just call her a barnyard mix.

Her comb is so small that I can't tell. I'll try and get some better pictures of her face not through the cage.

I think she's a mix. I can't see the comb well, what I can see looks like a straight comb. If she has a pea comb and lays blue or green eggs, call her an Easter egger. If she lays brown eggs, just call her a barnyard mix.

Agreed - either way, a pretty girl.

Back
Top Bottom