1. cposz

cposz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    Twin Cities, MN
    We have a small henhouse with a run underneath. The house is accessible from the run via one of those little ladders. Our 2 girls are able to go up the ladder to go to bed and to lay, but seem afraid to come down the ladder afterwards - we wonder if maybe they are not able.

Any ideas on how to get them to come down the ladder? As it is, they stand looking into the hole in the floor to the run below until we pick them up and put them in the run below.

It would be better for all of us if we could find a way to teach them to come down the ladder.

2. chickens3

chickens3 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    Eau Claire, Michigan
    Ok first how long is the chicken latter becuz it can not be that high up some chicken do not like them high they will not go up them.

3. cposz

May 5, 2009
    Twin Cities, MN
    33 inches. But going up isn't the problem - they won't come down on their own.

4. LilbitChicken

LilbitChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    I'm not positive about my answer.... however the angle of the ladder might be too steep - esp to start off. If you could, remove the ladder- then angle a board so it's not as steep, then gradually work back to using the ladder?[​IMG]

5. cposz

May 5, 2009
    Twin Cities, MN
    So it would be more like a slide than a ladder? [​IMG]
    Coming down might be alot more fun, anyway!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by