Ladies, at what age

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Robin'sBrood, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    are you going to let yourself go gray? I'm almost 42 and I'm already tired of fighting this battle. Is anyone else around my age allowing nature to take it's course?

2. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    A few years ago I let it go natural, just to see what color it was. I'm very gray around the face, and along my part line. I'm currently coloring it (love my colorist!) and I'm thinking of trying natural again when I'm around fifty, which is four years away. I'm not yet at a 50/50 mix, but I think it will look better when it is more gray then salt and pepper. I'm also overweight, so I don't need anything else to age me. My gray is also much frizzier than my dark hair, and treating it seems to calm the frizz.

Agingly yours.........

3. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    I am 38 and naturally a redhead. Mine is all in the front. [​IMG] I am not ready to let it go just yet. I agree about it being a battle though. Not just the color but the texture and shine have gone to "yuck" too! I have to color every 4 or 5 weeks. Age gracefully my patootie!!!!

4. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I'm 38 and have been coloring white hair since I was in my very early 20's (my mom's hair was totally white by the time she was 25 and she was a redhead). I am naturally blonde and you can still see the white rather well so I don't see myself giving up coloring anytime soon!

5. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    Quote:No! DH is several years older than I am. I'd rather he continue to get compliments on his "cute daughter."

6. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    [​IMG]
    I am in the opposite boat, DH is several years younger and I wouldn't want someone to think I am his...um...mom, no, no...aunt, yes, that sounds better!

7. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    NEVER!

I refuse to age "gracefully" I am going to fight it every step of the way.. even if the arthritis does make running away painful [​IMG]

My mom is reaching 70 and still colors her hair. Same brand of box color. Same color. Medium Ash Brown. I think she has been using that color since her 40's. Myself. I have been coloring my hair just for entertainment reasons since my 20s. Now I do it to hide the few grays I do have. I will be 39 tomorrow. I got a box of color in the bathroom as I type.[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  8. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    I am no where near letting it go gray, not by a longshot.

9. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    My gray coming in makes my reddish brown colour look dull and mousey. So, nope I'm still using the stuff in a box. I think I need a decent haircut though, I've been too busy and I look like that Coheed & Cambria guy (on that other thread). ack......

10. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Quote:I am in your boat, so to speak!! [​IMG] My DH is 8 years younger and looks young for his age. He says I do too but I see women he went to school with and its obvious I was graduating high school when they were in Brownies!!!!!

So I will continue coloring!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by