Lady Amherst Pheasant male.

ujwal

Hatching
7 Years
Mar 2, 2012
Dharan Nepal
Hi,

First of all a big hi and hellow from me.I am from Nepal and I have red golden pheasants and lady amherst pheasants in the pens.Sooner I will be adding some more species.

I am bit disappointed with my lady amherst male which is fully colored up and is 2yrs old.He doesnt show any sign of breeding behavior.No hissssing nor chasing the female while in the other pens my young red golden males are already showing signs of mating activities.they chase around females and hiiss.All my pheasants are healthy.

All comments and sujjestions are appreciated.

Regards

I'm not sure about your climate in Nepal, but it's still a little early for pheasant mating, except for ringnecks. Maybe just give him a couple more weeks and I'm sure he will do fine.

Quote:

Hi, I'm from Viet Nam. My Red Golden and Lady Amherst are same to your but I already have some Silver pheasant chicks.

My Lady Amherst male is very quiet compared to my Yellow and Red males.Maybe yours is shy like mine? I had about 85% fertile eggs from him last year and never seen him breed a hen.And he is with 3 hens total so he had a variety anyway.

after a long wait none of the eggs that were laid hatched.What could be the problem with them?Did anyone have such experience with them?Not even a single eggs of red golden and lady amherst eggs were fertile.

Back
Top Bottom