1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Lady Amherst Pheasant male.

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by ujwal, Mar 2, 2012.

1. ujwal

ujwal New Egg

Mar 2, 2012
    Dharan Nepal
    Hi,

First of all a big hi and hellow from me.I am from Nepal and I have red golden pheasants and lady amherst pheasants in the pens.Sooner I will be adding some more species.

I am bit disappointed with my lady amherst male which is fully colored up and is 2yrs old.He doesnt show any sign of breeding behavior.No hissssing nor chasing the female while in the other pens my young red golden males are already showing signs of mating activities.they chase around females and hiiss.All my pheasants are healthy.

All comments and sujjestions are appreciated.

Regards

2. MNShepherdess

MNShepherdess Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    Minnesota
    I would say give him some time, maybe he's just more of a gentleman :) ;-)

3. ujwal

ujwal New Egg

Mar 2, 2012
    Dharan Nepal

Thank you for your sujjestion.I hope he is not a gay.hahahahahahahha.Just jokin.

4. deserthotwings

deserthotwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2011
    Queen Creek AZ
    I'm not sure about your climate in Nepal, but it's still a little early for pheasant mating, except for ringnecks. Maybe just give him a couple more weeks and I'm sure he will do fine.

5. pktuan

pktuan Out Of The Brooder

Aug 31, 2009
    Quote:

Hi, I'm from Viet Nam. My Red Golden and Lady Amherst are same to your but I already have some Silver pheasant chicks.

6. p/shall

p/shall Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    Oxford Junction, IA
    Not always do u want to b cn breeding

7. frenchblackcopper

frenchblackcopper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    East central Illinois
    My Lady Amherst male is very quiet compared to my Yellow and Red males.Maybe yours is shy like mine? I had about 85% fertile eggs from him last year and never seen him breed a hen.And he is with 3 hens total so he had a variety anyway.

8. ujwal

ujwal New Egg

Mar 2, 2012
    Dharan Nepal
    Thank you guys for your wonderful and promising comments.

9. ujwal

ujwal New Egg

Mar 2, 2012
    Dharan Nepal
    after a long wait none of the eggs that were laid hatched.What could be the problem with them?Did anyone have such experience with them?Not even a single eggs of red golden and lady amherst eggs were fertile.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by