Lady of the Farm in Style

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by lyric, Nov 9, 2011.

1. lyric

lyric Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2011
    Sunny FL
    Hello my fellette (feminine of fellow) lady farmers:

We are prepping to move onto our cute lil farm [http://www.HipHillbillyFarm.com] in a couple of weeks and I was wondering what the fashionable organic farm woman wears these days. As you can see from the banner at our website (the woman sitting on the "H"); I'm starting out like Lisa Douglas from Green Acres saying "goodbye city life", coming from Davis Island, working white collar, full time in the medical field, to a small family farm. [​IMG]

I did start my collection with a green pair of leather Lehigh steel toe work boots (acquired from eBay, thank ya very much) and three pair of jeans (from the local thrift store, uh huh), plus a borrowed long sleeve shirt from DH. Oh, and a camoflage head scarf from a local ice cream store that I call the gasoline store. DO I LOOK LIKE A THUG OR WHAT? I kinda fell into not wearing make-up (too dang hot in my opinion) and heels since I arrived in FL.

So tell me, is there a way to look cute AND git r done as far as farm chores? [​IMG] I'm a newlywed and can't just let myself go (or, can I in the name of running a farm home?)

2. cravenchx

cravenchx Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2011
    Piedmont of NC
    I've got a pair of tye dye overhauls!

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Go to www.gardeners.com and git yourself a pair of cute garden boots! Ptretty AND practical for mucking out as well as gardening.

4. Avalon1984

Avalon1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    Jeans and Carrharts.

5. ChickiKat

ChickiKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Eastern Kansas
    Very nice. I wish you luck..... I like to wear whatever strikes me that day. It may be jeans, shorts or a dress... dependent upon what I am going to do..... and the farm stores have so many "work" clothes in pink, it is wonderful... have fun and dress however you feel like...

6. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

Florida! Isnt it amazing??? [​IMG]

I have jeans, boot, and a tank top on most of the time with my hair pulled back. Sometimes i throw on a flanel shirt over that if its kinda chilli. I guess if your going for cute you could do the jeans and tank top thing with a cowboy hat. Davis Island. Not that far from me. Look up a store called western trend. They have all sorts of boots and hats and things. Or even walmart of the shirts and tank tops because you will go threw them quick! working outside!

7. ChickiKat

ChickiKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Eastern Kansas
    yep, you do go through a lot of clothes in a day doing the outdoor chores...

8. lyric

lyric Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2011
    Sunny FL
    Quote:OOOh sweet, I sew, and Lee commented about me getting overhauls and I almost bit his head off (not really). This is a way, cool idea. I'm on it (back to eBay). Thanks cravenchx. Oooh, think they'll go with Louboutin's? [​IMG]:lau:lau

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  9. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    You bet your butt I have leopard print coop cleaning boots.

10. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I have a couple of denim overall dresses and on hot days don't wear a t-shirt under 'em. One is long, and I feel all farm-ish in it, and the other is shorter, just below my knees.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by