Lady problems

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by HouseCat, Dec 2, 2012.

1. HouseCat

HouseCat Chillin' With My Peeps

One of my bantam game hens is having some issues. For about a week now she has had what looks like white poop sticking around her vent, I seen her poop yesterday and it wasn't solid at all. It was more like a milky, bubbly discharge. I've checked all of my other chickens and they're clean. I thought it may be a yeast infection but wouldn't her rooster mate be showing the same signs if it were a yeast infection and he was infected? They get ACV in their h2o every day and she has never once acted ill. I just hate blindly dosing my birds with antibiotics and want to make sure I use an effective treatment the first time. I've attatched a photo hoping that it may help.
    Thanks in advance for your responses,
    hc

[​IMG]

2. HouseCat

HouseCat Chillin' With My Peeps

I chopped up a small clove of galic last night and feed her right before lights-out. Since animals' intestines slow down while they sleep, the garlic should have a little extra contact time in her digestive tract. I've heard that too much garlic is toxic to chickens but there seems to be no hard numbers as to how much is too much. Is this just another chicken superstition or has someone actually killed a chicken with garlic before?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by