Lady Wants 2 Indoor Chickens, Should I Sell?

PajamaSam

In the Brooder
May 8, 2019
Hi all,

So I have just started selling hatching eggs and chicks locally and I got a weird request. A lady wants only 2 chicks, and she wants to keep them as pets inside. Do you think it would be ok to sell only 2? Will they have terrible lives because this lady might keep them cooped up inside? I'm feeling really conflicted on wether or not I should sell to her, and could really use some outside opinions.

I feel that whether or not a chicken adapts to living inside is based largely on the chicken itself. Some just aren't as sweet and friendly as others. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable selling them to her, especially if she doesn't have a Plan B if inside chickens don't work out. And I'd also want to know the details of her Plan A... does she realize how much chickens poop?
They are Silkie Chicks so with proper handling they would probably be pretty docile but she also only wants two, and I do doubt she has any idea what she's getting into. I will probably ask her what her plan is. Thats a good idea.

Hi all,

So I have just started selling hatching eggs and chicks locally and I got a weird request. A lady wants only 2 chicks, and she wants to keep them as pets inside. Do you think it would be ok to sell only 2? Will they have terrible lives because this lady might keep them cooped up inside? I'm feeling really conflicted on wether or not I should sell to her, and could really use some outside opinions.
I feel that whether or not a chicken adapts to living inside is based largely on the chicken itself. Some just aren't as sweet and friendly as others. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable selling them to her, especially if she doesn't have a Plan B if inside chickens don't work out. And I'd also want to know the details of her Plan A... does she realize how much chickens poop?

Back
Top Bottom