1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Lake Cumberland quail egg order

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Catfishingpokey, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Catfishingpokey

Catfishingpokey Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2008
    Albany, Tx
    I am really, REALLY frustrated with this company!!! Back in February I spent almost $80.00 ordering 50 Jumbo Brown Coturnix and 25 White Coturnix quail. They still have not shipped my order. Two weeks after I placed the order and it had not been shipped, I called to check up on it. Two weeks in a row they told me that the whites were behind, and they would ship on the first Monday that they could fill the entire order. Now, over a month after I placed the order, I called again today, only to be told that they are behind in the Jumbo Browns. Last week they PROMISED the egg order would be shipped today.

Found a post just now where someone was having similar problems with orders from them. While I understand that there can be problems in filling egg orders, I WILL NOT be ordering from this company again. Emails go unanswered, and I am not getting straight answers when I call them.

I also promised my son that we would set the incubator up in his classroom and do a quail hatch for a classroom science project. Had planned to hatch eggs from our birds, not the ordered eggs for the project, but I can't take the incubator to the school until I know for sure when the eggs I ordered will arrive. If I had any idea this was going to take so long, we'd have already done it.

Putting the word out in case someone is considering placing an order with this company. Anyone else having or had order problems with them?

Pokey

2. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    I'm waiting on expensive eggs from strombergs (coturnix quails). I said I'd never buy from them, and I more than likely wont after this. They don't do things right and SHOULD not advertise things for sale and take our money if they don't have the eggs. So it's not only the co you went through. So now I wait for this breeders birds to start up. Which woulud have been fine but i could have used that money on another breeder and got 75+ MORE eggs for the same price....

Dont forget about your eggs, I won't be forgetting about mine. SO help me, if i get my eggs and they are damaged (whenever I do get them) they are getting torn a new one. For as much as I paid, I want what I bought and that' means sound eggs. Supposedlyl they have a damage thing... so they better replace my eggs if they come like crap.

If you want a breeder that you can buy the same types of quails that you ordered for MUCH less, please pm me I will happy to get you in contact with her. [​IMG]

3. CheerfulChaos

CheerfulChaos Out Of The Brooder

YES! Had a similar experience. I ordered 50 jumbo brown coturnix and 50 A&M, paid extra to ship them quickly because SIL wanted to borrow the incubator in about a month for her class. Three days went by and no shipping notice, so I called AND e-mailed. Was told that the with the A & M there was at least a 4 week wait but that they had plenty of Jumbo Browns ready to go. Their website said "IN STOCK" for both of them. Very deceptive! I told them to cancel my order for the A & M's and just ship out the Jumbo Browns. The refunded my money for the A & M''s very quickly but didn't ship out the Browns. I waited a week and contacted them by phone for an explanation. They gave me some drivel about maybe the birds being off production because of a storm (the gal on the other end had no idea why my order wasn't shipped yet, she was just fumbling for possible explanations). In short, it took them TWO WEEKS to ship out eggs that they told me personally that they had plenty of. I will not be doing business with them again, either, as they really are not reliable. I will say that they do an awesome packing job which they charge you through the nose for! In my opinion, they suffer from supremely bad management! I would have ordered form Sam, but he didn't put his online storefront up until after I had already ordered and paid Cumberland. Feel your pain! [​IMG]

Edited to add: They only ship out on Mondays and Tuesdays. If they just "don't get around" to shipping out your order on those two days, you're stuck waiting a whole other week for them to "try again". [​IMG] I think the only reason they shipped out my order the second week is because I kept calling and calling and calling and . . . . . [​IMG] I'm a firm believer in the "squeeky wheel."

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  4. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Cancel the order and get some from someone here for cheaper and to ship immediately. You can get the same order for probably half the price.

Good luck!

nancy

5. CheerfulChaos

CheerfulChaos Out Of The Brooder

I'd have to agree with NancyDz. If they still haven't shipped your order, call them and cancel the order and get your money back. I'd take monarch23 up on her offer to hook you up with a breeder that sells quality stock. If I had this to do over, that's exactly what I would do.

6. Catfishingpokey

Oct 5, 2008
    Albany, Tx
    I was told today after my fourth phone contact with them that the eggs would be shipped in the morning.so i will wait to see but if they dont ship tomorow i will cancel the order no doubt. i am just tired of being jerked around by these folks.

7. KattyKillFish

KattyKillFish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    I've notice you have better luck and much better priced from people tight here on BYC. it's good of you to let us know not to order from that company! much appriciated...

i vote that you cancel the order and get your money back and spend the money on a more reliable company. im sorry to hear about your problems, ive had similar problems with Ebay sellers.

8. Catfishingpokey

Oct 5, 2008
    Albany, Tx
    The reason I wanted eggs from them is so I will know what type of birds I have.I ordered eggs before off ebay and from a girl on here the ones I got off ebay were plain cotunix like they were said to be. The ones I got from the girl off of here were suposed to be jumbo brown coturnix but the birds I hatched from them turned out to be three diferent colors I had white birds brown birds and rusty red colored birds and mixed colors as well and none of them turned out to be what I would call jumbo.I want large quail of unmixed blood and iI thought that getting them from somone on a larger scale bussiness would be the way to go.But I guess not if they wont ship the eggs to me.But I hope they ship them like I was told they would this afternoon.

9. Catfishingpokey

Oct 5, 2008
    Albany, Tx
    Updating.....they FINALLY, after much frustration DID ship our eggs. I will say that in the packaging, you DO get what you pay for, we only had 2 eggs that were broken, so with the extra eggs they sent, we came out okay there. BUT, out of the 80 eggs, NONE were the white A & M's. Invoice said they sent 25 A & M's, not a single one in the batch. If a company can't fulfill an order they should be up front and say so. I can forgive a company for being honest about not being able to fill an order, because things happen, but I have a hard time getting over being flat out LIED to about things. If there is a problem, just let me know and we'll work it out. As I said, we won't be ordering from them again.

Pokey

10. TheMartianChick

TheMartianChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:How do you tell an A&M egg from the other colors? All of my coturnix eggs looked alike, regardless of bird color.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by