• Good

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Harmful

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both are OK to give them

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I give mine water from the creek occasionally, but it is spring fed and always flows so I'm not sure if the lake water would be stagnant or not. I would say get some in a bucket and put some Apple Cider Vinegar in it and let it set for a minute or 2 and then give it to them, just to kill any possible germs.

But they're chickens, I really don't think it will cause a problem. I mean ducks drink it all the time and every other farm animal people have that have ponds or lakes drink out of them and it doesn't hurt them so I'm pretty sure the chickens are safe.

Unless the lake in question is surrounded with the corpses of wild birds and waterfowl, I'd say it's okay to give your birds.

Unless the lake in question is surrounded with the corpses of wild birds and waterfowl, I'd say it's okay to give your birds.
yuckyuck.gif

If it's a descent lake and not a stagnant little pond I would say they will be fine. My chickens(and dogs) prefer to drink out of muddy gross puddles rather than their clean fresh water and they are fine after that.

Back
Top Bottom