Lakenvelder pair- TN

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by CityGirlintheCountry, Aug 22, 2011.

1. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    This pair is around 7 weeks old and are a bonded pair. The girl is a golden lakenvelder. The boy is a silver lakenvelder. They are gorgeous chicks! He is a stately little guy. He's going to be magnificent when he's full grown. If I had more breeding pens I would be keeping him for sure. As it is I am covered up with boys. Sigh.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am in Middle TN and can meet you in the greater Murfreeboro, Franklin, Columbia, Smyrna areas.
    I am NPIP certified.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  2. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    Are they related to each other?

3. CityGirlintheCountry

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    I really don't know. They came from bonus eggs included in some I bought from Okiehen. I just don't have the space for them. Plus the boy is turning out to be really pretty and I am hoping someone will take him to be a flock roo (and not dinner). [​IMG]

4. CityGirlintheCountry

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Hey, Mat!
    The boy learned to crow tonight. It was HYSTERICAL!!! He let out this horribly strangled, pitiful crow and everyone around him stopped and turned around and stared at him. He was not daunted by their disbelief though. He did it three more times while I was out there sitting with them. He was quite proud of himself. HeHe!

5. Nimby Chickens

Nimby Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2010
    Central FL
    Quote:That's hilarious! XD

6. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    Quote:He needs to learn quick so he can have crow competitions with the other game roosters. That is their favorite past time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by