Lakenvelder Rooster in Oregon?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by FeatheredObsessions, Aug 2, 2010.

1. FeatheredObsessions

FeatheredObsessions Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    We had two hens dropped off at our house and would like to find a Rooster for them? Anyone? We are in Portland, Oregon area.

2. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Are you looking for a Golden Lak or a White Lak? I have a Golden flock for sale, and 2 young cockerels if you're just looking for a roo. One is 10 weeks old, and I'll sell him for the cost of shipping only.

The offspring, if you have white Lakenvelder girls, would give you Golden females and Cream Lakenvelder males, so you'd have autosexing chicks.

Let me know if you have any questions.

3. FeatheredObsessions

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    Thank you! Can't wait to see him. Thank you BYC!

4. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Here he is snuggling (hiding) with the buff Orp boy.

[​IMG]

Letting out a young crow- the second I've heard from him...complaining about the heat, no doubt!

[​IMG]

5. FeatheredObsessions

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    I never thought I'd be excited to say I'm excited to get a rooster LOL. HE'll love his new girls. They are so pretty!

6. FeatheredObsessions

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    Chookschick thank you so much for Mr. Lake! He is wonderful [​IMG] He looks much better than these first pictures after his trip here. He cracks me up though. He refuses to roost outside. Every night I see him coming in the house door (the screen door was recently taken down by a fast moving child LOL) but he comes right inside and sits on my couch!

Here he is and his girls!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by