LaMancha Goats

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ChickenWisperer, Nov 4, 2010.

1. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    We are looking to buy some LaManchas, preferrably older doelings or young does.

And it would be nice if they were fairly close.

2. FlashPointFarm

FlashPointFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2009
    Iowa
    I work for D & E Dairy goats. They have some La Manchas that they will probably sell. We're in Iowa though.

3. ChickenWisperer

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Quote:Darn. I don't think we can travel all the way to Iowa.... we aren't desperate enough yet XD

Thank you for letting me know though.

4. HarmonyOaks

HarmonyOaks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2010
    Calaveras County
    Have you tried your local Ag Extension office... they can get you the phone numbers or contact information for local 4-H Dairy Goat Leaders in your county... or even ask at your feedstore if they know who has dairy goats in your community. Once you get the number for a "goat" person, I am sure they can help you find someone close with the breed you seek. LaManchas are popular goats in our county, but we are in California...Iowa is closer I think, LOL.

5. ChickenWisperer

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Quote:Thanks for the idea. The problem is that it seems like nobody in KY has dairy goats; the only people the feedmill could direct me to were Boer breeders. I never thought about the Ag Extension office, I'll try that.

6. kritter11

kritter11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Marion, IN
    I know it's a bit of a haul from KY, but my friend in S. MI raises LM's.....here's her website....She's only 2 hours from me and I'm in Central IN.
    http://lost-nation.com/id17.html

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by