LaMancha's , introduction to Buttercup and Cosmo Kramer

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by wendy, Feb 15, 2009.

1. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    We found some LaMancha's in South Louisiana for sale. The lady has a dairy goat farm and decided to sale some. Ms. Wanda is her name and she has a cool set up too. She raises and sales alot of things not just goats.

Can't wait to breed them this fall and see what we get with there color! Not to mention the milk [​IMG]

Here are a couple of pics: The nanny is Buttercup and the buck is Cosmo Kramer (in one pic you will see because of his 'hair do' this is why we named him Cosmo Kramer [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Chatychick

Chatychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2007
    Blue Mound, Kansas
    Nice LM 's you got there I have some and love them dearly...they are great and such sweethearts...Congrats..

3. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    OMG they are cuties and that hairdo is a riot [​IMG]

4. Blackbird

Blackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    MN
    Congrats! They are so cute [​IMG]

5. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    I love my Lamanchas! He does look like Kramer to me! Good name choice! Very cute!

6. RedStickLA

RedStickLA Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2007
    South Louisiana
    [​IMG] Awww they are very cute! I love Kramer's "do"! [​IMG]

In what part of South Louisiana is the lady located? And what other things does she raise and sell?

Mitzi

7. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    She is in St Martinville, La. She raises and sells parrots, the bird like the one that was on Berretta, she has minature ponies, LaMancha's, Nubians and crosses with Saanens' I think it was. She has a dairy farm so she sells cheeses and soap. She has some other animals but I dont know if she sells them or not. chickens, roosters, she had several breeds of dogs. She had some rat terriers and they would jump over the gate that was just over 4 ft tall and get in the fence with the goats. Then the same dog if you came up to him, he would roll over and lay on his back for you to rub his belly.

My dh came up with the name Kramer, we are both Seinfeld fans. My dh said I can never shave off the Kramer do [​IMG]
    Buttercup was a name we let one of our younger kids pick from a cartoon name [​IMG]

8. RedStickLA

RedStickLA Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2007
    South Louisiana
    Quote:Kind of like this one?
    My Umbrella Cockatoo "Sammy"
    [​IMG]

Quote:And I agree with your dh...the hair "do" should never be shaved off! [​IMG] It gives him character. Buttercup is cute too but Kramer is priceless. [​IMG]

Mitzi

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  9. cariboujaguar

cariboujaguar Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2009
    Mississippi
    OMG I have a nubian buck named Cosmo Kramer! His sires name is Remuda Winters Cosmo, and so I named him Cosmo Kramer because he's so bizarre
    lol

10. KareyABohr

KareyABohr Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2009
    SE Iowa
    I wonder what happened to their ears coming from Lousianna and all.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by