Lame Buff Orpington

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by lionheartsails, Nov 20, 2013.

1. lionheartsails

lionheartsails New Egg

Nov 20, 2013
    Tomball, TX
    I have a 7 month Buff Oprington, Gypsy, who just started laying this week. She has always walked a little funny (right leg turns out a little). Last night noticed she was having a little more problem walking than usual. After a close examination this morning, I found no obvious signs of injury or pain but I did notice her left upper leg (drumstick) is considerably smaller the right. It appears her left leg is having problems supporting her weight. Any Ideas / Suggestions?

[​IMG]

2. luvmigrls

luvmigrls Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Washinton State
    Someone else had this issue recently. Under the same topic ; disease/illness/emergency do a search by typing key words like "swollen leg". You should see what others have suggested, at least while waiting for a response. It can be a few days before you hear, so for me it's better than just waiting. Any way , best of luck.

3. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Is this the thread you were writing about? https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/838076/help-infected-swollen-leg-pic-graphic

1 person likes this.
  4. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    1 person likes this.
  5. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    This picture shows her standing on her left leg, not the right... which leg is she favoring?

-Kathy

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  6. lionheartsails

lionheartsails New Egg

Nov 20, 2013
    Tomball, TX
    Kathy, she's not standing. Her left leg has problems supporting and buckles undeneath her. She had been standing just before this picture was taken

7. luvmigrls

luvmigrls Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Washinton State
    I think that was one of them. I think it is good for people to get a consensus by reading as much as they can. But nothing beats expert/experienced help. Thanks for the links. I am not computer savvy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by