Lame Duck Is Back & This Time She Has Friends

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by OldGuy43, Feb 3, 2012.

1. OldGuy43

OldGuy43 Chillin' With My Peeps

Lame Duck has been doing well with her swimming so we decided it was time to introduce her to the cluckers. Yesterday we put her convalescent cage next to the fence just outside the hens run. Everything went great. The cluckers walked over and looked her over. When they went to the other end of the run where she couldn't see them she'd stand up, stretch her neck as high as she could and quack loudly.

This morning we moved her cage into the run. Yet another success as you can see here:

It took over 7 hours to upload this video to You Tube so don't expect many more this long. [​IMG]

2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Very encouraging! You've got a good approach to introducing them! Sounds like she's willing to make friends. Bravo!
    [​IMG]

3. nickie

nickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    north central KY
    Oldguy, is it possible for you to post the link to YouTube, the videos won't play for me (In using a phone) and I'd love to see her.

Oh, and I'm super glad you are enjoying your duck.

4. OldGuy43

Thank you! Here ya go:

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Just watched your video, your chickens are beautiful and your duck has grown, do you think she'll be able to use her leg? I hope so she sure looked like she wanted to out with them all.

6. veronicasmom

veronicasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2009
    That is great! I am sure she was happy to get some outside time. Do you have other ducks or just chickens? Thanks for sharing the vid, even though it was a pain to upload to Youtube.

7. OldGuy43

At the moment, just the one duck. Plans call for adding a flock of about a dozen ducks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by