1. Dapplepony

Dapplepony Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2010
    I went out this afternoon to give the hens some tortilla and as they ran towards me, I saw that daisy was limping! I think she`s favoring her right leg. Please post ASAP!!!

2. 8ROYALS

8ROYALS Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2010
    Petersburg, Texas
    I have one doing the same thing. I massaged her leg a little bit. She is eating fine and alert. She put a little more weight on it today, but not much...I think mine might had got knocked off the roost at night and fell wrong. Waiting to see...hopefully someone can help you better than me, but you are not alone...best wishes

3. Dapplepony

Dapplepony Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2010
    she is eating fine and drinking good just limping... thanks for the sopport!

4. 8ROYALS

Jul 5, 2010
    Petersburg, Texas
    Quote:That is a ggod sign I think. I hope

5. adch.lab1

adch.lab1 New Egg

Feb 16, 2010
    Just to be clear the hen has no wounds or visible signs of injury or disease. We felt both legs and found no signs of swelling, heat or tenderness. She is weight bearing but definately limping.
    Dapplepony's mom

6. 8ROYALS

Jul 5, 2010
    Petersburg, Texas
    adch.lab1 :

Just to be clear the hen has no wounds or visible signs of injury or disease. We felt both legs and found no signs of swelling, heat or tenderness. She is weight bearing but definately limping.
    Dapplepony's mom

mine is exactly the same. She is not putting any weight on her left leg. I did move the leg around, spread out the toes/feet and she didn't even try to get awayor make a sound. i think she just pulled something or bruised it...jumping out of the roost or my roo caught her leg wrong under her while breeding her....​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by