Lancaster Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by The Egg Master, Dec 28, 2012.

1. The Egg Master

The Egg Master New Egg

Dec 28, 2012
    York pa
    Hello, we just moved onto a small farmette in Lancaster Pa. Used to be a poultry farm I think from all the relics I find.... Also, need a good avian vet in the area so if anyone has any suggestions, dont hold out on me! I have had chickens for awhile now and my mom has had them forever, but still a novice in my own eyes. Lookin for bird lovers nearby to talk shop with.

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] Welcome to BYC - a myriad of bird fanciers of all sorts. Peruse the forums and you will find like minded people.

3. sezjasper

sezjasper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2012
    Eldersburg, Maryland
    Welcome from a not-too-far neighbor in Maryland! Lancaster is beautiful, we love to visit there. Enjoy your time here on BYC!

4. Sally8

Sally8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2011
    Hornby,NY
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Hopefully, down where you are you can find a vet, if you want. Where I live, there isn't one unless I want to make the hour trip to Cornell. You can find remedies for anything on here. Just look around. We have many, many knowledgeable people here that will only take a few minutes of your time. Glad you joined us. Sue

5. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

6. Sk8inChick(en)

Sk8inChick(en) Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2011
    The Show-Me State
    You might want to check out the thread for your state/area in the Where am I, Where are You? forum. You might find vet reccomendations there.

[​IMG]

7. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Welcome!!!!

There are many folks from your general area on an active thread called Pennsylvania Unite as SK8inChick(en) said

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/248345/pennsylvania-unite

head on over there and introduce yourself! Lots of local info available from those folks... and a nearly infinite source of info on anything bird related available on this site in general!
    Hope you enjoy your time here!

8. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!!
    [​IMG]
    Glad you joined us!!!

9. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from washington state glad you joined us!

10. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by