land of the free...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by the Pollo Loco, Jan 21, 2010.

1. the Pollo Loco

the Pollo Loco Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2009
    Santa Cruz,CA
    what ever happened to the land of the free and the home of the brave? with all the ordinances and laws put in place pretty soon no one will be allowed to own any farm animals... [​IMG]

2. DancesWithWolves

DancesWithWolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    I know what u mean....... [​IMG]

3. LizFM

LizFM Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2009
    I'm old enough that I remember when the Americans used to hear about the laws, restrictions, and government treatment that people put up with in the Soviet Union, and remember us all saying (at the time)..."Why do those people put up with that??"

Now we know, because we're putting up with the same and worse [​IMG]

4. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    free for who has enough money.

5. beerman

beerman Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Smithville, il
    umm did you get permission to use the internet? ok thats a $234.87 permit fee

6. Royd

Royd Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Middleburg, Fl.
    It's only free, if you're an illegal alien.

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:i agree...
    I still think that we are the home of the brave though... [​IMG].. We're just not so free anymore... [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  8. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Quote:and you dont even live in Polk County.

9. the Pollo Loco

the Pollo Loco Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2009
    Santa Cruz,CA
    Quote:I think most of "us" have become cowards, not standing up for our rights as we should... Think about it... city ordinances for not being able to have a chicken? What would our founding fathers have thought about this? And look at the direction that it is taking us... Maybe the song should be changed "For the Land, land of the bond and the home of the weak" NOT!!! [​IMG]

If we don't speak up and let our voices heard then, we will be forced to sing a new song....[​IMG]

10. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

I think alot of it is the laws. You can't speak your mind anymore, because you might "offend" someone . . .its "offends" me to have to push one to speak Englsih in this country, and it "offends" me to see older folks on SS that only draw a pittance but let an illegal alien come in here, they get a bundle of cash every month, as well as medical . . .we are still land of the brave, I think 9/11 proved that and our kids overseas fighting for WHAT again . . .but remember the days when you were out with your buddies and if there was a problem between a couple of guys, you just formed a circle, each guys buddies kept everyone in line and they duked it out. Shoot, try that now and there are pipes, guns, knives and no telling what else and everyone gets in on it. I sort of understand why DH loves TCM and AMC so much. Those were the good ole' days in some respect.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by