1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Landers, Wyoming Birth....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by spook, Jan 31, 2009.

1. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

This is some kind of story! I have friends out yonder in the rough and tough state of Wyoming and thought this was an amazing article in the Landers news paper!

http://www.dailyranger.com/landerheadline1.htm
    This does happen, how- I have no idea!

2. Knight Hawk Ranch

Knight Hawk Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2007
    Labelle, Florida
    This nearly happend to my aunt. She was almost to term when they figured out she was pregnant with TWINS. This woman is very short so any weight gain would have been obivious. She had already had 4 boys, so don't know why her body didn't tell her she was preggers. Oh and the twins were identical BOYS! She made my uncle go get snipped after that.

3. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    wow.. how cool..

4. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    How? I know some women don't have reg. periods. I know some women keep having their periods even when preg. I know some don't show much or at all (especially if heavy). But, how do you carry a baby to term and not feel it kicking or sticking a foot in your ribs?

I have been preg. twice and have two beautiful girls. I can not imagine not knowing I was pregnant until I was delivering them. I can also understand the no weight gain as I actually weighed less with each of my girls on my last appointment than I did before I got preg. (To bad the weight found me again. [​IMG] ). But, not feeling the baby move?

I feel she was just in heavy denial.

5. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

I gave birth to 4 children, and while my labor was not unbearable, I knew I was in labor. I just want to know how she got the baby out without any labor pains.

6. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Quote:Maybe her labor was really short, my first was only 2 hours and i heard of 30 minutes or less in labor too.She could have been dialated days before.O she could have had some minor cramoing and thought she was about to get er monthlys. Lucky lady and baby

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I'm sorry but I don't for a moment believe a woman can carry a baby to term and not know she's pregnant. This recently happened with a 20 year old from our community. I think these women are in such a deep state of denial for whatever reason that they don't let themselves acknowledge it.....Like ignore it and it isn't going to be real.

I've had 3 kids and there is no way not to feel a baby move over those last several months.....especially when they're doing jumping jacks against your rib cage.

8. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Quote:I dunno. The placent a at the right place and enough body fat to soften the kicks and cover the baby bump.

9. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    I dont get it either. I was in the greatest state of denial and didnt find out I was pregnant until i was four and a half months with my youngest- fat doesnt cover your internal organs from kicks and elbows...and I had absolutely NO idea I was pregnant until I felt the weird movements in my stomach....and I was sooooooooo tired..even then I took a test to PROVE to my friend that I wasnt pregnant...and lookie there.

I went to the doctors- and I was 19 weeks pregnant. [​IMG] Not much time to get ready to add baby three.

10. rufus

rufus Overrun With Chickens

May 17, 2007
    You think she was suprised? What about the daddie, who wasn't even mentioned in the article?

Rufus

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by