Landlord said I could have chickens!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Nat55, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Nat55

Nat55 New Egg

Feb 1, 2013
    Hello everyone,

My name is Natalie. Last year I got word form my landlord that I could have chickens. I'm so excited! I have to build a coop yet so I'll be getting my birds a bit late. :)

I'll be converting an old shed into a coop. It'll be some work but they'll love it, I'm sure.

I'm also big on looking up information before I ask questions. So you shouldn't hear to much from me unless I'm REALLY confused or lost. And please feel free to offer advice.

Talk to everyone later,

Natalie

2. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Congratulations! If possible, through just a casually worded email or whatever, I'd get that in writing. It may save possible problems down the road. Call me a pessimest, but I like things in writing.

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Natalie, and [​IMG]! Great to have you with us! Congratulations on your being able to get chickens! [​IMG] Best of luck to you!!

4. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] I'm glad to hear you are allowed to keep chickens. That was the only requirement I had when we looked for a house to rent. I want to keep chickens. The rental agent wasn't happy, but our landlord is encouraging me to get more animals now LOL

You will find lots of great information on the site, on the forums, the articles etc. If you look for an answer on a specific topic type the keywords in the advanced search bar (just below the brown header). I call it "chicken google" as it's similar to a google search, except this one is chicken related! You'll find great information and discussions that way. For the shed conversion have a look here:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/9/coop-run-design-construction-maintenance

You'll find lots of tips and advice and ideas there. Enjoy your chicken adventure!

5. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!!!
    [​IMG]
    Glad you joined us!!

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hi, Nat, good on the landlord. Make your plans then get your chickens. Good luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by