LANDLORD !*@&@^#^!!!!!

plester01

Songster
12 Years
Jul 23, 2007
Foreman,AR
Thanks to my landlord and my neighbors (landlords sister) they have decided that after telling us that we could have chickens that they are only going to allow us one coop and one run. Well because of that my DH had had to sell his 2 roosters and one hen and I have had to sell all of my Bantys (9). I have 5 silkies and 3 mili flures that are 4 weeks old and they are the ones that I want to keep so since we are now only allowed to have one coop we had to get rid of all the rest. I think that as soon as we get some money saved we are going to look into moving. Mabey we can buy a place so we don't have to deal with landlords and if we get nasty neighbors we can tell them what for. So now I am only a mom to 8 chickens and can't have any more until we move. Woe as me!!

I'm so sorry! What a bummer!
hugs.gif

We are blessed with a landlady who's farm is behind our trailer and doesn't have a problem with us turning her rental into a mini-farm!
lau.gif

We can't wait to be able to own our own place too!

Dawn

I rented an apartment when I was 18 and lived there for 3 years. Worse 3 years of my life. I promised I would never rent again. Buying my house was the best thing we ever did. I loved going from a 3rd floor apartment to a house on 3 acres.

Quote:
Yeah, I didn't think about that. Extend the coop. It wouldn't help for multiple roos but you could have more hens.

Ah I have lots of roos, most live with each other in peace those that dont. Go in cages. I have larger cages for breeding etc. I sort of added on to my coop with a double run. 12 by 6 and another part is 8 by 16 by 4 by 12 it is L shaped around the front of the coop.

Just use some creative thinkng here.

ML

Quote:
Haha, that's what I was thinking. Put the coops you do have together and call it one coop and run!

Edit: Funny story. My aunt told us a story about my cousins. She told them not to keep opening and closing the freezer to get popsicles... they did stop opening and closing it, but she came home to the freezer wide open so they could still get popsicles.

Last edited:
We already built onto the coop, (45 to 50 sf including the run) that is the problem. They said they did not want us to do that but since we already did that it would be find but not to build anymore.

Most of the problem is her sister that lives next to us. She has chickens in the adjacent coops (6 total) and she is ticked because she wants them all.

When we moved in the landlord said we could have chickens but now that her sister wants more they are changing their tune.

I will keep my 5 silkies and 3 mili fluers and when we move they will go with us.

We do not have very good credit so buying an house will be hard to do . But if we have to rent again we will make sure they are ok with my chickens and my dog.

Back
Top Bottom