1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Landscapers

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Mezzer, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Mezzer

Mezzer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2016
    First they did this: [​IMG]

Then they did this: [​IMG]

They were ticked off at me for locking them in the backyard. Lol.

2. cavemanrich

cavemanrich Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2014
    Melrose Park Illinois
    They don't do it with malicious intentions. Nature tell them to scratch and seek out insects. Since I have chickens, my insect population is kind of under control. I don't let them tear up my flower garden as much as possible. Thinking of sending them to behavior school.?? [​IMG]

AND [​IMG]

3. Mezzer

Jan 14, 2016
    Lol!

A reform school for chickens, a good idea. Lol. Yes, it is in the nature of a chicken to scratch out bugs, I will be glad of it in the summer I guess. :b for the moment though..my poor garden! Guess I will put up a border and see if that persuades them to scratch elsewhere. Thanks for the welcome! :)

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Let us know if you find a reform school for them! [​IMG]

5. Mezzer

Jan 14, 2016

Lol

6. cavemanrich

cavemanrich Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2014
    Melrose Park Illinois
    Well, I researched it a little and this is what I found.
    Tyson has a pilot program that they claim has great success rate. 100% graduation rate as well. They claim that after the course, the chickens voluntarily choose not to return to their previous owners. I don't always believe everything I read. Their claim puts many questions and doubts in my mind. Purdue has a similar program, but I did not investigate it in depth.. [​IMG]

7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] Good one! [​IMG]

8. Mezzer

Jan 14, 2016
    :lau   Good one!   ;)
    [/quote[/B]

Lmbo

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by