Langshan and Barred Rock Eggs-How much to charge?

rodriguezpoultry

Langshan Lover
11 Years
Jan 4, 2009
Claremore, OK
I didn't exactly know where to put this, as I'm not selling the eggs RIGHT now, but will be soon.

I've got some good quality Barred Rocks (standard) and some good quality Langshans (black and blue, standard). Can someone help me figure out how much to sell them for?

I've looked at Eggbid, Ebay and Ovabid, and NOBODY has any Langshans or even Barred Rocks with the same quality as mine. I have half a mind to just wait and sell only the adult stock once they're grown.

Here are some photos of the Langshans, all 9 months:
12-1-2008075-2.jpg

Chickens275.jpg

12-1-2008069.jpg

And here is the WORST Barred Rock Pullet. I'm going to be selling her after Spring/Summer just to make sure she won't grow into what I want. She's 8-9 months old:
Chickens270.jpg

Chickens272.jpg

Any help is greatly appreciated. Both the Langshans and the Barred Rocks are from showbird lines.

Love the Langshans
love.gif
When you decide on a price Please
fl.gif
let me know. i love langshans
love.gif

i'd like to be top of your list for eggs. Superior is selling a doz langshan eggs for $18 hope that helps, They are the only ones I know of how sells eggs

Very mild. mine walk right up to you and let you pet them like a dog. they are a lg bird, but look bigger becouse they stand so very tall. added plus they lay good too.

The Langshan is honestly one of the sweetest birds I have ever worked with. The cockerel is so sweet. He walks right up to you every time and will not leave your side for a moment.

The blue pullet has just recently become more docile, but the black has always been a sweety.

On the other hand, if the pullet lets out an alarm call when you pick her up, the cockerel WILL come at you, but has never hit me as of yet. I suppose it's a good thing to have in a bird but freaks me out every time.

Quote:
They sounds great have been looking for them since I saw some at the state fair last year. If I decide to get an incubator I will be contacting you for sure
big_smile.png

My son shows Langshans. We purchased them from F.B. from Okla. if you can figure that out, so we paid dearly.
smile.png
Hatched some out last year, but believe it or not, all were hens. Rooster passed this past fall so we are in need of fertile eggs with hopes of getting a new rooster. I am quite interested in some hatching eggs. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom