Langshan

Buck Creek Chickens

Have Incubator, Will Hatch
12 Years
Nov 26, 2008
Neenah, WI
In the poultry standard this breed is suppose to lay dark brown eggs. the ones I have lay light brown almost white(tinted). I love the birds I have but would like to find those up to the standard. Dose any one know where?

It's not required for the Langshan to lay a dark colored egg. You will mostly find the Langshan to lay a lighter-brown egg.

When people see a Maran egg, that's what is I suppose, considered a dark brown egg nowadays?

I agree Langshans are not dark brown egg layers. They are beautiful though and I would love some standard sized hens.

Henry

I was just thinking since there are black marans with feathers on the feet you could do a cross with them and keep the hens with the best type and egg color. Some of the marans look like langshans already, just a thought.

I'm not looking for a maren colored egg. But I would like a darker egg than I have. Also I'm looking for a good breeder of Langshans. Good idea about adding maren.

Last edited:
I went to the state fair and saw some beautiful girls and I really want some now I need to find who bred them.

Henry

Back
Top Bottom