trinale709

In the Brooder
Sep 5, 2018
I have this 22 week old pullet and I'm just curious if I'm correct in guessing that she's a Langshan? She does have a greenish tint all over her feathers. The main thing that I noticed though... All of the Langshan pictures I have looked up have red combs and wattles. Hers are black. Does this matter? Is she another breed or a variation? Thank you!

Attachments

• 20180905_075717.jpg
    20180905_075717.jpg
    350 KB · Views: 45
Carriage is wrong for a pure Langshan. A Langshan should have a very upright tail. I'd say she is a cross. And a Cochin cross is more likely, but a Langshan cross could also explain the more horizontal tail.

Last edited:
Only show quality bred birds have the upright stance shown in the picture above, so that is not relevant to hatchery and pet quality birds to whether or not it is a Langshan. Could you get a better picture of her comb, @trinale709?

She "shouldn't" be a mix breed... I did get her from Murray McMurray Hatchery. She came in the "rarest of rare" assortment. This is my first time purchasing from a hatchery, but I know they didnt advertise having any mixed breed birds?...

Your correct then. I checked McMurray's Rarest of Rare assortment and Black Langshans are listed. Table4Six is 100% correct then. She is a hatchery quality Black Langshan. McMurray may need some improving with their Langshans. But one pullet is hardly a representative of the quality of the whole breeding flock also.

Back
Top Bottom