Langshans/ Cochin/ D'Uccle/ Barred Rock pics

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mikarod, Oct 17, 2008.

1. mikarod

mikarod Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I am having NO luck getting any answers for my thread in the Breeds and Genetics area.

I'm needing some critiques on my other birds as I am debating on taking them to the Shawnee show.

Here is the link to my previous thread (So that I won't have to reload all of the photos all over again.)

Please help me out!

Thank you!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=96321

2. countyroad1330

countyroad1330 Thunder Snow 2009!

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    Oh! Ask GracefulBantams on our Okie thread, she is our showmaster. [​IMG] I don't think you're Barred Rocks look like Barred Rocks! And I don't mean that in an offensive way, they're gorgeous! The barring is very tight and clean compared to what I've seen. That is the first Blue Langshan I've ever seen, I always wondered what they looked like.

How does your d'Uccle's comb look? Any sprigs or anything like that? I would for sure take him! I only remember seeing Porcelain and Mille Fleur at Shawnee last year.

3. mikarod

mikarod Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    Oklahoma
    lol! see, I'm used to seeing the bantam barred rocks have better barring than the standards...so this is a shock for me to hear that they don't look like them! lol!

I'll see if I can't get Graceful Bantams a PM!

Edited to say: Nope! No sprigs or anything on his comb.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  4. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Can I ask what are "sprigs"?

5. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    mikarod, I replied to your other thread. [​IMG]

Cammie, you are too kind [​IMG]

pbjmaker, side sprigs are little growths on the back part of the comb that stick out to the sides (they are not good if you want to show the bird).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by