Langshans???

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by justusnak, Sep 29, 2007.

1. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

I was wondering...are the Langshans part of the long crower family? I have 2 pairs...a white and a black pair. The black Roo...is just learning to crow, and boy does he drag it out...I mean...when the other Roos crow it lasts like 3 seconds....Ebony's crow...is like 6 seconds long...he really hangs on to that last "dooooooooo" Is this normal for this breed???

2. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Too funny... Yep the heavy breeds seem to have a healthy crow, however it seems to be most extreme the first 24 months, then will decrease in volume and length as he becomes older. I just love to hear them sing....[​IMG]

bigzio

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Oh he "sings" alright. DH and I was out there today, working on the new coop...when Ebony let it rip! It was a looong crow...DH said..." what was that"?? When I told him it was Ebony...he laughed and said " wierd rooster" [​IMG] I love his yodeling!!

4. Tom Sturdivant

Tom Sturdivant Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2011
    They have a very differenet crow. Mine would extend it for competitive reasons.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by