Lansing-area Chickenstock!

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by frankenchick, Jul 11, 2008.

1. frankenchick

frankenchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    Benton Twp., Michigan
    Hey, Michiganders!

In April, Steve and I planned to have a Chickenstock in Potterville (69S, exit 66) on Aug. 2. There's a little fenced playground, potties, and a nearby McD's (not to mention Joe's Gizzard City).

I think the swap, crafts, and potluck are all good ideas. Let me know if you're coming, and what you plan to bring.

Lori

2. smpezzi

smpezzi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2008
    Mid-Michigan
    Oh I wish I could but will be in Kalkaska picking up oldest son from Boy Scout Camp [​IMG]

3. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    I'll have to talk to Krisrose and see if we can make it. Come on, all you Micigan chicken fanatics....we can even car pool and have a fun day meeting other chcken people. [​IMG]

4. KrisRose

KrisRose Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2007
    Davison, MI.
    I would love to go!! Looks like a good day for me too!!
    Franchenchick- post on the Michigan thread! I would have missed this if Chickflick had'nt brought it to my attention.

5. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    OOOOOHHHHHHH!!! Awesome!! [​IMG] Count me in!! Can we bring chickens???? [​IMG]

6. Steve

Steve Ye Olde Henhouse Builder

Quote:Lori, since I never heard anymore on that thread you started, I figured it was a no-go and hadn't figured on going.

I wasn't planning on organizing...I was just planning on attending.

7. frankenchick

Apr 20, 2007
    Benton Twp., Michigan
    Steve: Sorry, didn't mean to volunteer you! [​IMG]

I am really looking forward to this; I need some fun after the last two weeks! I'm planning to bring cole slaw, drinks (ideas?), hot dogs + buns, and charcoal.

Sorry, no chickens allowed -- but photos are a must!!! [​IMG]

8. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Awe, RATS! I'm heading to Vegas at 4:45 a.m. on the 3rd, so there's no way I could go. But I'd be there otherwise! :|

9. frankenchick

Apr 20, 2007
    Benton Twp., Michigan
    I will be following the weather for P'ville, but I think it's safe to say that it'll be hot and humid. If someone is willing to bring water, that'd be great.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by