Lap ducks!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Miss Ducky, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Miss Ducky

Miss Ducky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    Michigan
    My 3 khaki Campbell ducklings have decided that they like to sit on my lap! [​IMG] I was sitting next to their pen, and they were all coming up to the edge where I was, so I took pity and let them out. One of them tried to jump onto my lap! Now all three are all adorably sitting on my leg and trying to eat the fray of my shorts...Anyway, just though I'd share. [​IMG][​IMG]

2. LuckyDuck411

LuckyDuck411 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Indianapolis
    AWWW... they love their momma!

3. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Is that just one of the best feelings in the world?
    [​IMG]

4. Miss Ducky

Jun 29, 2010
    Michigan
    Yes! I just love my babies! [​IMG] I love it when you talk to them and you can tell they're listening! I've noticed something-one of them will want off my lap, so I'll put him an this rubber tray I have next to me, and a few moments later, he'll poop. I'll put his back on my lap, and he'll be happy! (Except for Peanut, who insisted on walking around on my keyboard, and somehow managing to put my computer on standby before settling down on my lap! [​IMG]) I wonder if this is a coincidence or if they really are trying hard on to poop on me.[​IMG] Hmm. Either way-they're sweethearts!![​IMG]

5. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    aweee how sweet. my muscovy drake comes to sit in my lap too. he sits there waiting till i pick him up and put him in my lap lol. he's a momma's boy. i loves him [​IMG]

6. crj

crj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2009
    Rocky Point, NC
    Wish my ducks would do that. Right now I'm the big scary monster [​IMG] I hope it's a phase that they grow out of. They are just so pretty and soft I want to hold them [​IMG] Hopefully some day.[​IMG]

7. Miss Ducky

Jun 29, 2010
    Michigan
    crj-HOLD THEM! The reason they run from you is instinct, try picking them up, putting them on your lap or next to you, and them leave them alone. They'll probably stay. That-and give them lots of peas! Mine tamed up right away when I gave them lots of peas.
    http://www.thegoosesmother.com/id102.html Go there and scroll down to "Why does my duck run from me?" Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by