Lap/Wheelchair Quilt FS, Hand Pieced-Hand Quilted *SOLD* / N. GA.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by speckledhen, Jul 1, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Pattern is Attic Windows. Size approx 40"W x 54" L. This is all hand-pieced and hand-quilted by yours truly from new, 100% cotton fabrics in jewel tones on black. Fill is polyester batting. Proceeds go to support the Chicken Asylum (my flock), LOL. Asking $100, inc shipping. Pymt by postal money order. Quilt will be sent when pymt is received. Thanks!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
  2. HenHaven

HenHaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2007
    Coarsegold, CA
    That is gorgeous, Cyn. Is the pattern supposed to be a bit of what you might see out of the corner of a window?

3. speckledhen

It's sort of a 3D effect if you step back and squint a bit. Every window has something different in it. No theme, just a scene in every opening.

4. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh why do you keep doing this to me?!?!! [​IMG] Seriously? I love your work you are one talented lady!!! I would love to buy this one as well. I do think you are asking too little of yourself! Those are some amazing quilts! And they are worth way more than what you are asking! If I had the extra money both of your quilts would be mine! [​IMG]

5. speckledhen

Thank you! How nice you are to say so. I have had some of these items just folded in a box for a long time, and I just thought it was time someone had a chance to use them. Plus, with the cost of feed, it seemed a good time to try to make a few $$$.

6. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Sold

7. speckledhen

Thank you, T. [​IMG] I have a few more items that I may be putting them up soon. Have to measure the sizes, decide on prices, etc. My Girls, who tend to want to eat all the time, thank you. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
  8. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I got a treasure! I got a treasure!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

Cyn, why don't you sew quilts and sell them on ebay or a local shop in your area? My Grandmother is a master seamstress and she does quilts just for the family. She hand sews EVERY piece with a needle and thread and I cherish mine. I had Maw make my 3 year old a Sesame Street quilt and then she made her one out of her quilt scraps that she signed and dated. I know Olivia will treasure hers too one day. I am very fortunate, I am 33 years old and all my grandparents are still living and in good health.

10. speckledhen

Kristen, that was my plan to sew quilts and wallhangings in our retirement, but I get tingling fingers and I cant see well anymore. It's much, much harder to quilt the way I used to do. I do have a lap quilt I need to finish this winter. It's been in the closet about 90% finished for two years now. That's the way it goes; takes me years to finish anything larger than a wallhanging because I put it up and forget about it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by