Large amount of non-posting members

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by Corey NC, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    Did you know there is 40 plus pages of non-posting members?

Is there any way to tell who is actively logining in and who isn't?

I don't mind people not posting if they are reading but it just seems like so much space it taken up by those members who never read/post that could be better used else where.

could we send out a mass email that if you don't post by such and such date that your account will be deleted?

Just curious....

2. LittleChickenRacingTeam

LittleChickenRacingTeam On vacation

Jan 11, 2007
    Ontario, CANADA
    Ssssshh......30 of those pages are my Ghostnics. I plan on using them if I get banned. [​IMG]

3. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    That's normal for a forum. I'd guess 20% are here but afraid or have no reason to
    post. 20% are probably duplicates. The rest are people who joined and never came
    back.

I know it's nice to say there are 6000+ members but if most of them never came
    back they don't do us much good. Guess it sounds good to the sponsors. [​IMG]

Just my opinion...

4. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Quote:I tried adding a few but Santa wouldn't work and I can't find him in the user list.
    Maybe I'll try Miss Ohio but then people would think I'm a girl.

5. Corey NC

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    Don't these pointless members slow things down? Won't they hurt the performance of the forum?

6. dickiebird

dickiebird Out Of The Brooder

Dec 20, 2007
    Cedar Hill MO
    Why would it make a difference to you weather I ever posted or not??? My greatest enjoyment of this forum is to read and learn, not to be on here posting just to be posting.
    If I can add something of value to a discussion I will, otherwise I'll just lurk and learn.
    THANX RICH

7. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    I KNOW , corey on my hunting forum they would do "roll call" and if your acount wasent used atleast once a week, your membership was terminated, inless you gave an exusse like if you were gone on vacation or something

8. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] I have multiple personalities, one page is all me....... I tried to stop but the goat voice in my head made me do it...

On a serious note - those folks with days coming up guessing when BYC will hit 7000 probably have a few user ID's under their belt... [​IMG]

(PC - You aren't a girl?)

9. Corey NC

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    I'm not even talking about small amount of post I mean zero posts which someone could lurk and not post just fine w/o being a member.

10. LittleChickenRacingTeam

LittleChickenRacingTeam On vacation

Jan 11, 2007
    Ontario, CANADA
    Quote:Maybe they join & then posts like this scare them off. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by