Large Blue Orpington Pullets, SoCA, non NPIP prefer local pickup

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by onthespot, Dec 6, 2011.

1. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I have about fifteen blue and black orp pullets to choose from, mostly blues. 3/4 English Import line, or more. Hatched this spring out of Bama Chicken's direct hatch hens, and the roo is from imogene who used to post here. They are nearing point of lay, or just started laying. Some are big, fluffy show type birds, some are just utility laying flock type. Price is per bird, first come, first served. The ones left over after this week will be going to the poultry auction on the 11th. I will be moving soon and need to really trim my flocks back hard before I move. The two hens shown in the photo are representative. The one with the redder comb is actually a project F1 mottled java mix, just for truth in advertising. I have a few of those available too, if anyone is working on mottled orpingtons, or wants to.

Call if interested 951 310 9883

I am not NPIP. I will only ship where it is legal to ship. I have three boxes available for shipping if need be, $10 each, in addition to the price of the pullet. Only one pullet will fit in each box. Most are big ol pullets.

2. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    found this photo of the actually daddy roo to the pullets for sale. He was big! Mama hens are in the pic too, but you can't really tell how they look from the photo. They are nice though.

[​IMG]

3. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Two sold today to a BYC'er. Plenty more left to choose from, blacks and blues.

4. I just wanted to say Thank you and what beautiful Chickens you have. I bought 2 of the most Beautiful Blue Orpingtons from you today, and they are just soo sweet and gentle. I took a few pictures of them hard to get good ones cause they were moving around. Very happy sweet girls.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You cannot beat the quality and temperment of these girls, I am soo glad I got them.
    As you can see I have them in a small dog kennel right now.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  5. Patty! Just wanted to let you know I got an egg from one pullet just now and the other is sitting getting ready to lay an egg not bad for the first morning here So 2 for Two! Again thanks they are great Birds you can't go wrong with them. [​IMG]

6. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Hey hey!!! There was only one laying three days ago. I got three eggs out of the pen today! Woot! Thanks for posting those pics! There's a lady coming tomorrow that might take a couple, and a guy called to ask how many and I told him to call back after she left. Sounds like he might want them all, but I bet he wants 'em all for a nickle each by the sound of it, LOL. NOT! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  7. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    One more sold, four on hold for later pickup. Still a lot to choose from. Saturday is the last day. Anything not spoken or paid for by Sunday AM goes to the sale

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by