Large bubble near chicks eye

Renn

Chirping
May 25, 2017
hello, my almost 7 week old barnevelder has a large bubble right near its eye. I just noticed it today and have no idea what it is or what I should do? Does anyone have any idea what this is? Thanks so much for any and all help.

Attachments

• IMG_1340.JPG
    IMG_1340.JPG
    452 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1344.JPG
    IMG_1344.JPG
    544.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1346.JPG
    IMG_1346.JPG
    487.2 KB · Views: 11
It looks like a little cyst, but fowl pox, a disease carried by mosquitoes, is characterized by small scabs ranging from beige to dark brown on the face, comb, and wattles. I had a rooster with a similar bump over his eye that was hard, and never grew larger. Below is a picture of fowl pox, but I don't think that is what you are seeing:

1.jpg

It looks like a little cyst, but fowl pox, a disease carried by mosquitoes, is characterized by small scabs ranging from beige to dark brown on the face, comb, and wattles. I had a rooster with a similar bump over his eye that was hard, and never grew larger. Below is a picture of fowl pox, but I don't think that is what you are seeing:

1.jpg

Thanks for the reply! She/he only has the 1 bump and it's white, so I'm hopeful it's not the fowl pox you mentioned, but I will be on the lookout if any new bumps show up. If it's a cyst do I need to do anything?

Back
Top Bottom