Large chicken oil painting fs- Barred Rock- $25 SOLD

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by burntumber, Nov 20, 2008.

1. burntumber

burntumber Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    SOLD
    ----------------------

We have discriminating taste 'round here! [​IMG] This custom painting is homeless- didn't make the grade with the buyer. Anyone want it? I have no problem keeping it to give away as a Christmas gift- but I like money, too! [​IMG] So either way is A-okay with me.

I usually reduce the price of rejected custom paintings- but not this one- it really pops and he's just chock full of personality- well worth the price. [​IMG]

It's a large painting- 16" X 20"- on recycled canvas board. Painted, signed, dated and titled by yours truly.

This is an updated pic from the other posting, where I'd mentioned I'd reworked the painting a little.

Forgot to mention - $25, free USPS Priority shipping.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
  2. blueskylen

blueskylen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    WV
    I would love it, if it had some green grass and small flowers around his feet? is that possible to add? thanks

3. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    Well you know we are not perfect like some people!!

I actually think you did a wonderful job. I couldn't even begin to draw much less paint!! [​IMG]

4. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Do you have others to sell? An Etsy store link that you could post perhaps? I saw the one that MissPrissy got! Loved it!

5. burntumber

Mar 26, 2008
    Thanks for the ideas, guys. [​IMG] Always happy to get comments.

I sure wish I did, but I don't have time to do an etsy store. I have a carpentry business with a website and it makes me twitch everytime I have to deal with it. I have no patience with computerie stuff! LOL! I'm in school right now, too (pre-vet) which appears to be sucking up any of my few available brain cells. I need to play the lottery or something- LOL! Wouldn't I love to be able to paint day in and day out.

I have a funny story. That little painting Miss Prissy snatched up and everyone wanted- of the chickens in the barn? I've had that sitting stacked on a shelf for a couple years b/c I tried to sell it a few times back when I painted it and it never got any bites! [​IMG] I think people were ready to duke it out over it when I listed it last week! LOL! [​IMG]

Oh,Bluesky- If you'd like to purchase this painting, I'll be happy to add grass and little flowers. [​IMG] Drop me an email!

6. Jennyhaschicks

Jennyhaschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2008
    Maine
    I just wanted to add that your painting is beautiful! Great work.

7. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Sorry to jump in - I tried to send you a PM, but your inbox was full [​IMG]

I am very interested in having you do at least one (maybe more) 8x10 paintings of my chickens. I have a couple of questions, though.
    Will you do more than one bird in a picture?
    Can I send more than one picture for you to work with?
    Could it be here by Christmas (if not, then I still want it [​IMG])

Thanks,
    Grace

8. burntumber

Mar 26, 2008
    Hi Grace- Yup, I can do more than one chicken in a painting- and I can combine figures from various photos into a single painting. Yup, I can do 8X10.

By Christmas is getting tricky with oils, since oils take about 2 weeks to dry enough for shipping. If I can get to it this coming week or next, yes, I can get it to you by Christmas. I have like around 8 custom paintings in line before you, though- and I'm a student and I work! LOL! So... no promises.

BUT I also do charcoal and watercolors and they can be done right up until the week before Christms b/c they dry instantly. [​IMG] Here are some examples...

... well, Image Shack photo hosting is crapping out on me...I've tried to upload pics three times and it fails everytime... I'll try getting some examples together later. Anyone know of a better pic host place for a slow dial-up connection, btw???

9. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

your in box is full. I will try the email. [​IMG]

10. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I really do want an oil painting, but I have no problem with waiting until after Christmas (I'll just give it to myself that way [​IMG]).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by