large fowl brahma genetics ........ can anyone help me please ??

michelle b 1972

In the Brooder
9 Years
Oct 28, 2010
manchester U.K.
hi everyone,
i am trying to breed BSO brahma's and was wondering if anyone can help me with the genetics of which 2 colours of bramas i will need . i currently have quite a few different pure colours !
any help would be greatly appreciated !
thanks
michelle
thumbsup.gif

Not being smart enough to figure out what BSO stands for, I doubt I will be much help.

Use of abbreviations, along with not listing their location in their profile, and then asking if there is a show, or birds for sale near them, are pet peeves of mine. Sorry for the rant, and you do get credit for listing your location.

Gary Imwalle
Charter Member
Grumpy Old Brahma Breeders

Not being smart enough to figure out what BSO stands for, I doubt I will be much help.

Use of abbreviations, along with not listing their location in their profile, and then asking if there is a show, or birds for sale near them, are pet peeves of mine. Sorry for the rant, and you do get credit for listing your location.

Gary Imwalle
Charter Member
Grumpy Old Brahma Breeders
hi , im sorry ..... BSO has 2 names either blue shouldered orange or blue silver orange depending on where you are from

I doubt I would have ever come up with that.

Now you have me curious. I've seen blue birds with red shoulders on the males. Trying to visualize the reverse. Do you have any photos you could post ?

the pictures of the hens dont do it much justice, but they are exactly te same as a dark brahma hen , but they have blue/silver underneath and blue/silver on each feather of the lacing

I would guess it's partridge based. But puts me in mind of the blue golden duck wing color found in Old English bantams. Old English breeders may be familier with the genetics involved.

Partridege eb/eb and Pg/Pg(pattern gene) they both seem to be Red enhanced Silver birds, the female is silver while the Rooster looks golden(S/s+) but could be an stable breed like the how the male from the Salmon Faverolle looks. they look golden yet they are clearly red enhanced silver

Wile having different genotype(Wheaten compared to eb brown) both males have a blue golden duckwing phenotype(look)

here is a Blue Salmon Faverolle rooster. similar genotype and similar phenotype. both the bso male and the blue salmo faverolle cary red enhancers and are silver at the sex link s locus. both have a duckwing pattern because they are fairly wildtype in nature. lacquing columbian restrictors like Co and Db. laking Melanotic and being based on duck wing e alleles like eb and eWh(wheaten for faverolles and eb brown for the bso)

Back
Top Bottom