Large fowl x bantam?

Betty1

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 8, 2013
Cornwall, United Kindom
I have 2 pekin cockerels, a silkie hen, 2 pekin hens, 2 cream legbars, and a vorwerk, and am thinking of hatching my own eggs. I will definitely use the pekins and silkie, but was wondering, would the cream legbar eggs hatch? I've seen the boys mating them (a lot!) And also, would the babies lay blue eggs and be auto sexing like the cream legbars? Does anyone have any of these crosses? What do they look like(pics!)? Sorry for all the questions, this is only my second time hatching, and my first time ever hatching my own eggs!

I'm not that experienced but if you breed a pekin cockal to a cream legbar hen. It would be really unlikely to have the offspring lay blue eggs as the male normally carry the blue egg gene. I am wondering of crossing a pekin hen with a cockral (still a chick) and trying to see if anyone else has done it but I cant see many pics of people breeding them. If your males been mating with the hens then they'll most likely hatch but doubt it being autosexing as it'll need a true cream legbar for that unless you make a sex link.

Back
Top Bottom