large silver rooster.... just gorgeous....what breed do you think?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SparksNV, Oct 15, 2010.

1. SparksNV

SparksNV Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Spanish Springs, NV
    saw this on Hazel Ave in Fair Oaks, CA (by Sacramento) made dh take pictures (I was driving)!

We are in a dodge Durango taking this picture - you can tell on the second photo the size by comparing it to the cars in the bottom right. It is probably 15 feet tall.

told the husband, "I want one".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  2. JenEric Farms

JenEric Farms GOOGLE GENIUS

Oct 31, 2007
    Maine
    Looks like a mixed breed. [​IMG]

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Non-dubbed Silver Game Cock.[​IMG]

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

For those that don't know it, Fair Oaks has a large "unclaimed" chicken population. (I don't wanna call 'em "feral.") They wander anywhere and everywhere, downtown, into shops, snacking on bits of food at sidewalk restaurants, etc.. The city hosts a Chicken Festival each year, too.
    http://www.fairoakspark.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=127&Itemid=188

And "History of chickens in Fair Oaks: While orange and citrus groves from the early 1900s have been replaced by homes, chickens continue to roam freely throughout town as they have for over 100 years. Featured in People Magazine and the subject of television, radio and newspapers stories, chickens that roam in Fair Oaks village delight visitors who flock from around the globe to feed and take pictures of them. The Fair Oaks Chicken Festival is a celebration of the rural history and present village atmosphere in Fair Oaks, California, colonized around 1895."

5. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Oh, that's awesome! I live only about an hour from Sacramento, I kind of want to go hunt down the giant rooster now! Maybe I will sometime when I'm in Sacramento area. [​IMG]

6. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Quote:I've been meaning to go to that chicken festival for a few years now, but I always forget until after it's over! One of these years I have to actually make it to it--it sounds so fun and of course right up my alley! [​IMG]

7. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Maybe a -
    Silverinique or a Rhode Island Silver

Chris

8. Keara

Keara Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2009
    Vermont
    Now this is a chicken my husband and I can agree is nice
    He is a blacksmith, and hates when the chickens poop in his shop. But he tolerates them because of the eggs.

Humm Christmas is coming and I know there is a bunch of stainless steel in his shop just lying around.

9. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Long live the silver rooster!

10. cashdl

cashdl Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2008
    Willits
    I am waiting for someone to say " Its and EE". LOL!!!

Lanae

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by