Large white and large red roo's available Northern Illinois

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Baybrio, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Baybrio

Baybrio Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    Poplar Grove, IL
    Hi Folks,

Well, it's kind of a long story but the short of it is - I need to rehome my roosters. They were from Welp hatchery, the whites were called "Slow White Broilers" the red is a "Red Broiler". They are NOT the cornish crosses that have the short life span.

I have three whites and one red. One of the whites is timid, low roo in the pecking order and a bit shy. The other roos are very friendly, the whites like to sit on your lap for petting. The red will sit on a lap but usually doesn't jump up on his own. I'd say the red and one of the whites weigh about 10+ lbs. If you wanted to start your own broiler flock these boys might be good choices. They were hatched at the end of June. I had planned on eating these guys but they turned out too sweet and friendly. [​IMG] The biggest white only gets on with the big red. Otherwise they all get along with each other pretty well.

The reason I need to rehome them is two fold. First, although they are not mean to the hens they are just too big for my Faverolles and I don't have enough hens to spread out their affections, and I don't have enough pens to separate the roosters.

I am willing to give them to some other chicken nut that does not want to eat them. I know its a long shot but maybe someone is interested.

2. Baybrio

Baybrio Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    Poplar Grove, IL
    Anybody?[​IMG]

3. chiknwhisperer

chiknwhisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2008
    Lowell, IN
    lol Sorry, when I first started reading and saw the ten lbs thing I wanted to eat them. But I do understand about not being able to becasue of being attached. I have a BA right now that crows way to early in the morning becasue my one dog barks at something the same time every morning and then the roo starts crowing. I swore if he kept it up I would eat him. Well today was going to be his last and I just couldn't do it. My DH doesn't care about the roo but he knows I do and he could tell I didn't want to eat him. So he suggested putting him in the kennel in our basement lol. My DH has such a heart of gold [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by