Largest breed of rabbit and smallest breed of rabbit

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by chickensioux, Nov 12, 2009.

1. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    [​IMG]

This is "Bella" a 6 month old Flemish Giant and "Charmin" a 2 1/2 month old Netherland Dwarf. I love these bunnies!

2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Wow! Big size difference!

3. Bella is GORGEOUS!

4. RabbitMage

RabbitMage Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Full grown, Netherlands are about the size of an adult Flemish's head. I get such a kick out of the size difference.

I have a Britannia Petite here, he weighs 1 pound, 11 ounces. Smallest rabbit I've ever seen!

5. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    How cute! I used to have a jersey wooly and a french lop. Definitely a huge size difference! I still have the french lop but sadly the jersey wooly passed away. I love the odd sized rabbits though!

6. Ashmeade

Ashmeade Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    GREAT picts!

How are the dwarfs for pets? I had heard they can be a bit high strung and nippy but that was a while ago...

I used to have a HUGE French Lop as a child that I LOVED. He was very laid back and mellow.

7. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    Quote:Charmin is the sweetest thing. From the very first day I brought her home she has been very calm, sweet and not the least bit skittish. I get her out each night and sit with her in my chair with my feet propped up, she runs up and down my legs and chest and has the best time. After a while she lays down on my thighs, stretches out, yawns and just lays there while I pet her. She is sooooo sweet. I think the breeder that I got her from had paid alot of attention to her.

8. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    Quote:It's the EASTER BUNNY!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

9. country freedom

country freedom Chillin' With My Peeps

One rabbit could feed a good sized family ! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by