Lasagna Gardening and chickens

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Indianfeathers, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Indianfeathers

Indianfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2011
    I started this gardening called Lasagna Gardening. ... using different layering of organic material bc the soil site was too hard to work with. I soon discovered that our chickens loved to scratch and dig the bed all up (looking for those lovely worms). I went and bought a deer fencing to keep them out and all was going well until 3 days ago when I looked out and saw that those little Imps discovered a way to get the best of me. The funny thing is as soon as they got in there they didn't know how to get out! Does anyone have any ideas?

2. piecemaker

piecemaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Centerville Texas
    Our house is built off the ground about 4 foot. I put up some hardware cloth up to keep the chickens out, got tired of having to go under there to find the eggs. There are a few girls that have figured out how to get over the fencing to get under the house, I know there is always a cool breeze under there. Every day I have to go open it up so one or two can get out. Bet there are a few eggs under there too. I hate to go under there never know what may be there with you [​IMG]

piecemaker

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by