Last baby out of High School Today!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by biddybird, May 14, 2010.

1. biddybird

biddybird Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Salado Texas
    My son just called and said he took his last High School exam! Graduation is next week. He is my last one so I know there will be tears at that one for sure. I'm excited for him but a little sad too. He will be starting college on June 7th so he is not giving me much time to get used to the idea. They grow up so fast!!! All of you with young ones cherish everyday. I know there will be ups and downs but find a way to get something even out of the bad times. Count your blessings!!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  2. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

My "baby" graduates next year. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. biddybird

May 5, 2010
    Salado Texas
    Enjoy everyday!! It took me three to realize how short the time really is.

4. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    It took me a year to get over the last one leaving. Time goes fast. I miss them all every day.

Micah

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Congratulations, you've given him the proper start. It's our job to grow them up strong enough to move away, but letting go is tough. The "empty nest" around here was tough. My wife is "super mom", and with the kids gone, she tried mothering me. My birth mother had problems with that, and needless to say so did my wife. things worked out and life is fun. Last one moved out 28 years ago, and I still miss her; however, grandchildren may be the next phase. Am I projecting too far too fast for you?

6. biddybird

May 5, 2010
    Salado Texas
    Thank You, No, you are not going to fast. My oldest is 25 and engaged so the grandchildren thing is a thought, eventually! It's just getting used to the idea that they may not need the mothering. We had 4 kids because we wanted them. I wasn't ever one to pawn them off on babysitters or whatever. We have basically built our lives around them and their activities. I love parenting and enjoying the lives of our children. We have always known all their friends and most of them call me Mom so I know we will always have them all coming back and bringing their families. I know we are now entering a new part of our life, which will hopefully mean that it will be less teachers meetings and bake sales and more helping kids that have parents that have not discovered how special they are despite their faults and how fast time flies by.

7. BuckNBark Farm

BuckNBark Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    Trenton, GA
    I feel your pain! Mine graduates on May 28th. Congrats!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by