Last call on free roost in south central PA....

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Portia, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Portia

Portia Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 29, 2008
    South Central PA
    I have 4 roos that need re-homing or its off to freezer camp; poor fellas. [​IMG]

Dorkus is a 23 week old SLW over a BR, a sweet boy with a wonderful deep voice and beautiful comb. He's second roo but he'd really like a flock of his own.
    [​IMG]

The twins, 15 week old Salmon Favorelle over Speckled Sussex. They haven't started crowing, but they are developing a nice deep cluck. One has a muff, the other doesn't. Gorgeous feathering.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And another 15 week old boy, Salmon Favorelle over BR. He's shy, gentle and developing some wonderful hackles.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  2. Portia

Feb 29, 2008
    South Central PA
    No one? Really? They're such handsome boys.

3. Portia

Feb 29, 2008
    South Central PA
    Still no takers? Aww c'mon someones gotta want these gentlemen? [​IMG]

4. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    That Barred/Wyandotte would make a great foundation roo for anyone working on Wyandotte coloration projects. If only my neighbor would move I would snatch him up....what part of South Central, PA are you from?
    Thanks!
    [​IMG]

5. Portia

Feb 29, 2008
    South Central PA
    He is a gorgeous boy with a nice deep voice, and he's tall; his nickname is dino-boy. We were holding him tonight and his comb has the most beautiful shape. I wish someone would take him for a project, he's almost too cool to send to the freezer.
    I'm just a little north of Lancaster.

6. Portia

Feb 29, 2008
    South Central PA
    Anyone? Read what Sam said about a Wyandotte project <nudge-nudge>

7. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Ooh, freezer camp sounds harsh. [​IMG] No lanyard making and campfire stories, I'm guessing?

I'm wishing ya luck with them! Bump for you and their troubles! It's a shame you can't find them homes if they aren't mean. My mean boys aren't going anywhere, it just doesn't seem right. We have too much going on for any more boys, or I'd try my best to help out.

8. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    Did you try posting on Craig's list. Lancaster has a pretty active farm and garden section.

9. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

They're beautiful boys; I hope you find homes for them instead of the butchering option.

10. Portia

Feb 29, 2008
    South Central PA
    scbatz, they are posted on both the Lancaster and Harrisburg craigslists and I will post them throughout the weekend as a last ditch effort.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by