Last candling - Anyboy help pls!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by shanshan51, Sep 22, 2011.

1. shanshan51

shanshan51 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2011
    Vacaville, CA
    Ok my second set of eggs (total of 2) entered lockdown today. Before I candled them one last time. One egg looked like the pictures online and I saw vibrating or wiggling and some thick veins. The other egg seemed to have the veins dried up. Then on the skinny part of the egg (away from air pocket) seemed to have some blackish chunky things. I did not see any wiggling but I also did not smell anything weird. Do you think it died? Or maybe are those the veins drying up?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  2. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

id give it time and see what happens. idk anything about hatching, new at it, but i do know they dry up when they hatch. id give itsome time and see if they hatch

3. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

usually with a rotten egg you will see the contents sloshing around in the egg as you slowly rotate it.. it LOOKS like it's all liquid

was most of the egg on the odd one dark?.. I have seen where sometimes a small chick will have some lighter areas on the pointy end of an egg... but i have also seen the same thing in an egg where the chick died towards the end of incubation... so without seeing what you have there it's hard for me to say for sure

4. shanshan51

shanshan51 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2011
    Vacaville, CA
    It was clear at the pointed end with some liquid stuff. Then right above that was the chick. Then the air cell. In the pointed part it was where the chunky stuff is. Kinda looks like clots. I did not see movement where the other eggs at the same lock down point were moving a bit.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by