Last chance before feezer - BARNEVELDER COCKERELS - East TN

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by tnchickenut, Aug 14, 2010.

1. tnchickenut

tnchickenut It's all about the Dels!

Jan 24, 2010
    Englewood, TN
    I have three Barnevelder boys that were shipped to me as a accident from the breeder... they were supposed to be pullets! Eeek.

They are nice boys, but boys don't lay eggs. I put a $5 starting bid, per bird, I really don't want to eat a rare breed like Barnevelder and especially such good quality boys. However, if they don't sell... off to the freezer they must go.

I will deliver to the following towns, if it helps you reach them: Sweetwater, TN; Madisonville, Tellico Plains, Vonore, Greenback, Athens, Etowah, Cleveland, Niota, and of course Englewood, TN.
    Anything further, I must ask for a "delivery fee" depending on the distance to make up for my time and gas.

The boy in the picture is one of the three. Auction is for one. Interested in all three... PM me. Nice comb on the one in picture... all are very nice quality. Good breeder stock. They were a tad younger when picture was taken (couple weeks ago) and now they have really got their feathers comming in nicely. Beautiful birds.

[​IMG]

2. Yazzo

Yazzo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2010
    Aw, SO wish I lived in TN right now! [​IMG] Hate to see such nice roosters go though....[​IMG] [​IMG] Those are REALLY beautiful boys! I've actually had REALLY good luck with Craigslist - have you tried it out? I just post on several different sections: wherever I can deliver to, or people would be willing to drive from. I've sold three nice roosters that way, and given away another one, just in the last few days! [​IMG] I'm sure there's SOMEONE in the area who would take them. Seriously? Rare breeds? I CERTAINLY would take them if I could! I live in Colorado, and there are way fewer people here, but I still managed to sell some of my boys to very good homes.....so in Tennessee?? I wouldn't think it would be as hard as it is here to sell a few rare breed roosters! [​IMG] Just have to advertise in the right places, in many places lol. If I were you, with roosters that nice, I would try EVERYTHING in my power before putting them in the freezer....just saying. [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  3. dinahmoe

dinahmoe Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Sep 19, 2009
    central georgia
    too far away:hit.i need a barnie roo.

4. Hennypen

Hennypen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2009
    Could they be shipped to someone? I've seen boxes for sale on eggbid (or the current site)

5. tnchickenut

Jan 24, 2010
    Englewood, TN
    THanks for all the replies...

No, I won't ship. These boys are now full size and I just don't want to put them through that.

I have tried craigslist. I will try one more time, but to be honest... people here (generally) want cheap or free and purebred doesn't matter much at all.

Anyone have any ideas for a breeding project to use Barnie roos in? I really don't want to have to eat these boys. I'm thinking of putting them in the TN Valley Fair to get them some "publicity". lol. Acctually... I think that would be great because people who don't know the breed would see them and once you see a Barnevelder... you got to have a Barnevelder.

I am willing to drive them into GA or NC maybe even KY but I must charge a "delivery fee" to go that far to compinsate for my time and gas.

6. Terri O

Terri O Chillin' With My Peeps

Too bad you can go all the way to WI! I sure would love them! [​IMG] Terri O

7. tnchickenut

Jan 24, 2010
    Englewood, TN
    Quote:LOL... yeah, Wisconsin is a bit of a stretch. I know I sure would love you to love them! It's not looking too good. I just put them back on craigslist for the third time (never got one email about them) and I'm thinking I may hurry and add one to the list of birds I'll take to the TN Valley Fair. That might be good in the long run because locals don't know what the heck I'm talking about when I say Barnevelder.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by