Last chance for savings.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Southern28Chick, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    My suppliers are going up on in cost on my most used ingredients. I have extended my Holiday Sale until January 2cd BUT after that my soaps just may have to go up to $4.25 a bar. [​IMG] I'm working on shifting things around so that doesn't have to happen without changing the quality of my products but it's been difficult.

My soaps will probably never be as low as $3.75 a bar ever again. It is of course to late to get them by Christmas but why not treat yourself!

2. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    I would pay more then that for your soap! I've seen crummy soap at Body Works for much higher prices and the quality is awful! I love your soap and use it every day. I haven't had to use lotion since I started using it even in this awful winter weather that usually dries out my skin. I wouldn't worry about raising your prices, you have a great product and people know that you have to pay for quality. [​IMG]
    Merry Christmas!
    Angie

3. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    Quote:Thanks Angie!!! If you would like to make a testimonial for my website you can send it to me at [email protected].

I've very happy that you like it! I too love the no lotion part. I use my Oatmeal Almond soap on my face because I don't like moisturizers. [​IMG] My dad used to have very dry hands, he uses the Cinnamon Bun soap and is always talking about how his hands aren't "ashy" anymore.

4. joanm

joanm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2007
    I just placed and order. I can't wait to try the eucalyptus... [​IMG]

5. OHChick

OHChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2007
    Quote:joan, i can attest, the eucalyptus is GREAT. i was not sure about it (sorry trish) when i ordered it... but i'd ordered a variety, nearly one of every type and i have to say its been my favorite so far! i even ordered 2 more bars, i expect they'll arrive today or tomorrow. its such a nice, clean scent and every once in a while after using it, i'd be like 'mmmmmmmmm what smells so good' only to realize it was me! [​IMG] (not that i stink other times, but u get what i'm saying.)

i love that all the scents are mild after washing. when i used the B&BW stuff, i always felt like people thought i smelled like a coconut or whatever scent i was using.

6. joanm

joanm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2007
    [​IMG] Great! I can't wait to get it!

7. newchickowner

newchickowner Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2007
    Texas
    oh yes, I know exactly what you mean! I ordered a ton from Trish. One of every kind she had at the time. I put them in my clothes drawers and china cabinets and such for the scent while I'm waiting to use them. When the one in the shower is gone, I just fetch one from one of my hidden spots! LOVE IT!

and I order many extra's and am giving them away with Christmas presents! So far I've had great reviews that people love them.

8. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    Quote:joan, i can attest, the eucalyptus is GREAT. i was not sure about it (sorry trish) when i ordered it... but i'd ordered a variety, nearly one of every type and i have to say its been my favorite so far! i even ordered 2 more bars, i expect they'll arrive today or tomorrow. its such a nice, clean scent and every once in a while after using it, i'd be like 'mmmmmmmmm what smells so good' only to realize it was me! [​IMG] (not that i stink other times, but u get what i'm saying.)

i love that all the scents are mild after washing. when i used the B&BW stuff, i always felt like people thought i smelled like a coconut or whatever scent i was using.

No problem OHChick. I know what you mean. A customer suggested that I make a Eucalyptus soap and I wasn't sure at first if I should. BUT everyone loves it...I love it. It is so pretty to look at that at the Christmas craft show I was at last month it was the first one that everyone picked up to smell and it was the first one to sell out.

9. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Another thing about Eucalyptus is that the scent will aid in repelling fleas! [​IMG] I can't wait to try out the soaps I ordered to. I'm sure to love them! When I go to fairs and festivals, the soaps they sell are $5 a bar! [​IMG] They probably won't even compare with the quality of Trish's soaps.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2007
  10. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    Trisha, you won't have any trouble selling your soap even if you have to go up a little on the cost.

I gave my mom and grandmother and a neighbor and my SIL a bar of what I bought and they absolutely love it!!
    My grandmother has been saying how good it lathers and smells and makes her skin feel.

I wanted to get back up there this week but with sickness, last minute Christmas shopping and school parties, I've had a pretty busy week.

Hopefully I can get back with my SIL before your sale ends.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by